Jun 7, 2012

Mini Home Tour { Part 1}

Please excuse the bad lighting and amateur photos you are about to see. Just to let you know it seems as if 70% of this house lacks any sort of natural light. Yes it's depressing, but it's a house so I'm just trying to be grateful we have a roof over our head until my husband is out of the military. Which will be soon!
Since this is where I spend most of my days I've been adding bits of treasure and personal touches to make our temporary stay here more enjoyable:)

So lets start with our entry way. A wall compiled of a walmart mirror, thrifted serving tray, thrifted gold mirrors (painted black), thrifted round silver platter (painted with chalkboard paint), and a simple silver wire rack that I picked up the the base exchange dollar spot.



Next is my little curbside cube organizer from here. Along with some DIY art, pictures, thrifted art, Ikea wall clock found in the AS-IS section, and an artprint from The Wheatfield etsy shop.




Next is our sad, dark kitchen. Tried to brighten it up with a fun pallet of light blue and red. Yarn wall letter art, more vintage trays, light blue wall organizers from Martha Stewarts line at Staples, cupcake liner wreath (tutorial found here), a thrifted "R" (spray painted blue), inexpensive hook from Ikea with holds this apron, and canvas fabric wall art I did:)






Thats it for now. Need to take pics of the dining room, girls room, craft/guest room, and bedroom, but things are not in order for those yet. Hope you enjoyed a small peek at our military home:)


xo


Georgette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!