Feb 2, 2011

Free storage shelf Makeover!

Every Sunday night here in my base community people throw out big items for brush pickup.  Since people here are constantly being stationed to other places and moving in or out that means you can find some cool stuff on the curb if someone else hasn't beat you to it already! 
Well I found this beat up raw wooden shelf and stuffed it in my little car and brought it on home. My husband threw a fit and didn't see the potential I saw in it! I knew I had to prove to him that I could make it pretty and practical for our home. Don't you hate it when husbands doubt you?


Anywhoo, I gave it a real good wash, it was filthy! Primed it and painted it with this really pretty shade of white called, Elegant Lace.
I've seen all over the place in blogland to add some podge wall paper or scrapbook paper to it to add a bit of somethin' somethin', but since I will forever be on a SAHM budget I opted for some pretty $3 gift wrap from target. And that was it!

Close up of print of gift wrap


Um...yeah it shut my hubby up! This was fun since it was free:)....who doesn't love free?


Over time I'm going to fill those cute cubbies with baskets to store our gloves, hats, and scarves for this bone,chilling utah weather.
:)Don't you love how my doggie had to make a cameo in this shot? He's so cute...

~Georgette





 
featured on:






It Pays To Be Cheap

17 comments:

  1. I love your shelf project! Great find - free is always good! ;) - and great transformation!

    I just found you on vintage wannabee's BFF slumber party. Wanna be my new BFF? ;)

    xox from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw is all I can say and with wrapping paper?! Awesome. Thanks for your comment on my blog, UpcycleMama. I am now following yours. I'm also jealous of all the buttons you scored at the thrift store. From one SAHM to another--you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! Ha ha, hubby! Take THAT. :) I'm seriously loving that wrapping paper. And I am also really jealous that you can find stuff like this every Sunday. Honestly.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your super-cute comment!! Yeah for a new sista and BFF! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that turned out so cute! I'm the same way, I'll see something on the side of the road and wanna stop but my husband thinks I'm crazy! hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah husbands have no imagination i swear! whatevs i never listen to him anyway so its all gooood:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, I love it!! I love furniture makeovers and who doesn't love free. Especially when it turns into something that fabulous! I love your blog and I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your transformation of this shelf unit! The wrapping paper looks great and I love the new coat of white. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shelf looks great! I saw it on Tatertots and Jello, and now you have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you did with that shelf!I am always looking @ the stuff ppl get rid of too.My hub by won't even let me out of the car!lol I see so much potential in the stuff ,but I don't have the space to take it in a spruce it up.Someday!I'll alter it and maybe sell it!Good for me & the environment!=)Following you from New York~ Carly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love FREE and def. love what you did w/ your free find. Great site so, I'm now following you and would like to have you show me some luv and follow me back =D

    http://bargaincornerdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've passed the versatile blogger award on to you... Please make sure to pass it along to 15 NEW bloggers that you like =D

    Congratulations.

    http://bargaincornerdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. FREE??? WOW! What is better than that! I love the transformation! I am going to feature this over on Thrilling Thursday tomorrow. Feel free to stop by and grab an "I Thrilled" featured button from my side bar if you want :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that! I have a thing for "cubby" shelves anyway.. you did a fantastic job! I would love for you to visit my blog and link this up to my Organizing Mission link party. I have been working on offices this month and this could work great - especially since I have done so many cubby's in my office.
    But I love how you used it for boots etc. I am still trying to figure out where in my front area I can put something like that.
    I found you on Thrilling Thursday! Congrats on the feature.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanted to let you know I am featuring this post on my Organizing Mission Monday link party! Please stop by to pick up my "Proud To be Featured.." button!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!