Feb 26, 2011

Dining Room Makeover

For awhile now I've been really unhappy with our dining room.  It was boring, dull and just a place that we all sort of avoided.


I do still love my toilet paper roll mural:)-tutorial found at design sponge
So yesterday before this scary snow storm blew in I treated myself and the girls to a trip to target and bought this fresh, new tablecloth. And as you know I live on base housing and can't paint so this cheery print became motivation and inspiration to brighten up my dining room.


I painted a old frame yellow with acrylic paint, mod podged some doilies to canvas( inspiration for doily wall art found at modpodge rocks & tatertots and jello), painted a utensil caddy I had from ikea yellow too, and did faux milk glass treatment to small glass vase from an old, cleaned out candle.( inspiration for milk glass found at madigan made)


This makeover only cost 17$ for the new tablecloth. I had everything else on hand.I love displaying photos of our favorite memories and the yellow just cheers everyone up:)
ahh..much better!

~Georgette

linking up to some of these fab parties

17 comments:

  1. Very Nice! We just got a new dining room table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new colors!! It looks very much like spring (which I'm eager awaiting. Hehe)!
    I am sorry to hear you can't paint in your house.. That is so weird. They should let you and just have you paint it back to a neutral color once you move out. :)
    XOXO,
    Vanessa from {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks cute. I'll have to check out the doilie wall art tutorial. Very sunny and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deal! The yellow really does brighten it up.
    Thanks for linking this to my Organizing Mission Monday link party

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THE AFTER, AND THE YELLOW! well done! winks-jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a huge difference! I love it! Perfect and just in time for spring! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful difference! Isn't it amazing what just a little money can do? So creative and resourceful!
    -emily
    www.nestnestingnested.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this redo! I love grey and yellow too. Way to be thrifty!! It turned out so cute!
    Lyssa
    PS, i'm your newest follower!

    bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. I love it so much. It really does brighten up the space! Yellow definitely has a way of doing that. =) On a side note, I love your take on the TP roll craft, it's SO cute! I think I need to try my hand at making one!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that is much brighter! You have to get creative when you can't paint! Thank you so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com (p.s. did you enter my giveaway for handstamped jewelry? It ends the 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cheerful and I love the art you chose to go on the wall. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for linking to Sew Woodsy! I love this inexpensive dining room makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love inexpensive dining room makeovers! You have a nice sunny and cozy feel to it now! I am visiting you from Finger Prints on the Fridge and I am your newest follower. Come visit me at Puddle Jumper Creations
    http://puddlejumpercreations.blogspot.com. If you like all thing vintage I will be posting pictures of the vintage 7 days a week dish towels that I will be giving away for the Spring Fling Giveaway party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I love the sunny makeover. Totally inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!