Feb 7, 2011

Mama's got a new Stroller

In the past 2 years I've managed to purchase 2 new umbrella strollers yet they are no longer in my possession! The first one got trashed and torn at the airport when I was traveling from Texas to Utah and the second managed to sit in our garage on top of a decomposed mouse for all of winter! GROSS...i know! So now that I have a new little one I'm in need again of an umbrella stroller. I refuse to buy a new one after the ones I've lost so I thought I would just recover a thrift store one. I went to the base thrift store and snagged this little guy for  $2.50! I liked the way it folds in half and it just looks sturdy. But that blue, plaid 80s look had to go!


So after taking it apart, giving it a good wash, making patterns from the original, kinda messing up in the middle somewhere, and then assembling it all back together it now looks like this.....



complete with a new window to see my pretty baby girl:)


and added a flower, just because:)...



Yep I love it, this was definitely some work and took about 5 nights to do which is out of my realm of 30 minute crafts, but it was worth the work! I'm in ♥.....

*the print is Robert Kaufman if anyone would like to know:)

~Georgette


featured on:

16 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed! I don't think I could do that...or maybe I just don't have the patience :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen!! I am going to feature it so go grab a button if you would like :) And thanks so much for linking up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings! www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Looks great! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That looks amazing! I had no idea you could do that with a stroller.. But then again, I'm not a mommy yet and haven't had too much "stroller time" in my life. ;)
    XOXO, Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful! I have a stroller I am wanting to recover too but I am a bit nervus about starting it, I'll just have you do it for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sharon trust me I was suuuper nervous attempting this! i just told myself eh it was only 2.50 and dove right in!:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is beautiful! What a project, you make it sound so easy, but I am sure it was not!! What a deal, too! ~Lori (Found you at Sew Woodsy's link party)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crafty chica, I love it. It looks like a $80 stroller. Props to you lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That stroller is awesome! I love the fabric. Man...that is creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fabulous! You've been featured at Craftastic Monday's party today - stop by & grab a Featured On button:) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That turned out so great!! I shared it on my TT&J facebook page and linked to you :)

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this. My old stroller could use a facelift. It's only on the second kid, but trashed nonetheless. I was all dressed cute the other day pushing this cruddy stroller around thinking, "pushing this stroller is like wearing a beat up pair of boots with a prom dress." (That might actually look cute, but you get my point!) Thanks for the inspiration....if I get mine redone, I'll post it and link to your post/blog. PS, we are military too...Air Force.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once I did a toy stroller, but never thought to do what you've done. You've saved lots of money in the process and can be proud when you're walking done the street as you show off your handiwork. Well done on a fantastic looking stroller. My husband is also in the Air Force, (in Australia).

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!