Mar 22, 2013

DIY Polkadot Stool

Have you guys been crazy over the gold sharpie madness like I have?? I've seen so many cute ideas on how to use a gold sharpie all over pinterest.

 

 
Well I thought if you can decorate dishware, walls and even your nails why not some furniture? It's easy, adorable,cheap, and doesn't take long to dry! So that's when I decided to attack my little ikea stool with some sharpie polka dots:)
 
 
 
 
 
I picked up this little stool for 14.99 at Ikea and you can find it here. Being the 4"11 shrimp I am I use it for EVERYTHING! I had painted it white before to brighten it up a bit.
 
 
 
 
So first you start with your supplies.
 
 
The hole punch I used is a size 1.5", but you could easily trace a bottle cap or something that has the size circle you want.
I just hole punched a piece of a cereal box then got to tracing.
 
 
I didn't strategically place them. I just eyeballed on what looked cool and confetti like.
Then just colored them in. This part was fun, but tricky making sure I didn't go outside the lines so be careful!
 
 
Just take your time and have fun. For only costing about $2 for the sharpie it was a nice, distracting craft.
I've been househunting lately which hasn't been as much fun as I hoped so it was nice to take my mind of it for awhile.
 
So why don't you add some polkadots to your life? Promise it will make ya feel better;)
 
 
*hugs*
Georgette
 
 
 
 



19 comments:

  1. Super cute. So easy to do too. I am hosting a link party and would love it if you would share this.

    http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/tuesday-link-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polka dots always make me smile - they are such cheerful creatures! Love the stool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are! i get happy everytime I see them:)

      Delete
  3. I need one of those for my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats exactly where this guy is parked;) next to my fridge!

      Delete
  4. AHh! I love this. There is nothing better than a simple but stunning project -- I'm surprised the marker lasted that long, though. I pinned this for future inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I thought it was starting to dry out mid way, but I just had to shake and angle it in a different way and it never gave out! trusty sharpie;)

      Delete
  5. Well it turned out awesome! I'll try that myself since I have this IKEA stool standing plain as it is! However I've already added some polka dots in my life at my daughter's bedroom the same way you did with the stool. It took me 9-10 hours though because the surface was huge! Ok now... this polka dot stool of yours made me become your newest follower! Also pinning this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoa 9-10 hours? Bet it came out awesome! Thanks for following and for dropping by:O)

      Delete
  6. Hi! I saw you were featured at the Nifty Thrifty Sunday link party! I, like you, love the new metallic polka-dot trend! I will be pinning your stool for future reference! I love the nail art too!

    Cheers,
    Julia
    It's Always Ruetten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked my little stool and so happy I inspired you! :)

      Delete
  7. I love your little stool! So smart to use cardboard & a hole punch to make the circles. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I don't like to load my kids in the car alot or spend much so I always gravitate to whats cheap or on hand..trash from my recycle bin is my friend;)

      Delete
  8. I was just telling my husband that I needed to spruce up our Ikea stool... this is a great idea!! i think I might need to get to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Its super easy too. Thanks for stopping by:o)

      Delete

I ♥ your comments!