Jan 29, 2011

Yum Yum Noodles...

I've recently stumbled across these sesame noodles at It's a Keeper. The picture looked so yummy and easy I had to try it. It was one of those lazy afternoons where I needed an easy recipe and plus I hand everything on hand. For a little protein in the dish I added some sesame/teriyaki flank steak....



Sesame Noodle Recipe
1/4 cup soy sauce
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2-3 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp hot chili oil(didn't have oil, but subst. with Sriracha hot chili sauce)

4-5 Tbsp canola oil( I would use maybe 2-3 tbsp next time)
1 pound spaghetti, cooked
Green onions, chopped


Combine the first 7 ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.  Pour sauce over warm, cooked noodles and top with chopped green onions.

Sesame Steak:
1lb beef flank steak
3 tbs toasted sesame asian dressing by kraft
a splash of low sodium teriyaki sauce

Trim all fat from steak. Tenderize. Cut in strips across the grain. Add steak to a hot skillet. Once browned drain grease. Add dressing and teriyaki sauce. Add to sesame noodles and that's it!

enjoy:)

~Georgette

1 comment:

I ♥ your comments!