Nov 19, 2012

goodbyes suck.

This past week I had to say goodbye to a very dear friend of mine.
She was one of the first friends I made when I moved to Utah. She's the only friend I've made who is serving in the military. Her being a single active duty airman I knew it was inevitable she was goin to get a duty station change.
Well that time came.
From the moment I met her I just knew we would connect and she just meshed so well with my personality as if I knew her through high school or if she was family! My girls knew her as "auntie". Even my friends and family fell in love with her kindness and down to earthness? I knew going into this military life I would have to say goodbye to friends we made, but she was like family. I don't know why I took it so hard, it was the same sadness I got when my sister moved away to college.
 
See my sister and I are 10 yrs apart so when she left I somehow in a way felt abandoned not having that sisterly bond anymore and being left behind with my boring parents lol.
I mean it is different that I'm married with kids and plenty busy, but that sisterly bond I felt with her is gone and I really do hope she visits us when she can!
 
source

I'm sad and it's going to take awhile to get over. I just learned that I really need to embrace the moments I get with loved ones and friends when I have them.

*hugs*
Georgette

 
 


2 comments:

  1. (hugs) Goodbye isn't so easy. Quite sucks, for real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As alaways, such a heart warming post. You are such a great writer; I am actually just stopping by to let you know that you have been nominated for a Liebster Award for your amazing blog, you can drop by to see what it is all about http://thislittleestate.blogspot.ca/2012/11/liebster-award.html Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!