Jan 19, 2011

Revamped Recipe Box

In our old house my theme color in my kitchen was green. I do miss it...tear*.  When we moved I decided to let my husband put out his Coca-Cola collection to display in the kitchen. I felt bad that it was collecting dust under his bed...he's had all that stuff since he was in junior high.

Anywhoo, so you can guess what the new theme color is...red. So with this change in color I was left with a bunch of green items. I traded my green tea kettle for my mom's red one.  Donated my green towels for red ones, so on and so on....I had bought this really cute, vintage box at the thrift store here on base . I just don't have the heart to get rid of it, but it just doesn't go...


I was at my local Honks and scored this find! Peel and Stick stencil decals! And since everything there is 1$ um..yeah SNAG!

So I just cut and played around with them until  I was happy with the placement and started painting with some red craft paint.

I even put some on top and hot glued some rick rack from my stash to give it a lil somethin' somthin'!  I <3 it sooo much. Since I can't afford one of those amazing Silhouette machines, these dollar stencils were the next best thing!

Now it matches my red vintage coca-cola perfect:)
*one more thing, I snagged those little red plates at DI( i feel like the cool Utah kids sayin"DI")for 50 cents and they were already painted red with hooks glued on the back!
~Georgette

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks great!

    I would love to have you join my new link party.

    http://blessingsoverflowing.blogspot.com/2011/01/fix-it-up-friday-burlap-covered-box.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I need a recipe box like this...I love how you can display it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!!

    Thanks for linking up to Craftify It Thursday!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw this is so cute! If you have a chance come link up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!